Chicken in PB2 Peanut Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
Cut calories—and fat—by making peanut sauce with powdered peanut butter
- 1cup tomato puree
- 3/4cup PB2
- 1/2cup orange juice
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon curry powder
- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets, pounded flat
- 1pinch salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4cup water, or as needed
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Thoroughly mix tomato puree, PB2, orange juice, soy sauce, and honey in a bowl.
- Stir ginger and curry powder into the tomato mixture.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken, reduce heat to medium- low, and cover. Cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens, about 30 minutes. Add water as needed to thin sauce if it gets to thick.
- Sprinkle parsley and peanuts over the chicken to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Bell Plantation.