- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- 1/2cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1pound blue/purple potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2teaspoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4pounds raw boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning. (You’ll need eight.)
- In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Stir until uniform.
- Place potato chunks in a large microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. water. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for 2 more minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Drain any excess liquid from potatoes. Add oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Season chicken with remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper.
- Alternately thread chicken, onion, bell pepper, and potatoes onto eight skewers.
- Spray a grill with nonstick spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Grill kebabs for 5 minutes with the grill cover down.
- Flip kebabs. With the grill cover down, grill for 6 – 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potato has softened. Serve with sauce and enjoy!
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 355
- Fat 4.5
- Carbohydrate 42 g
- Sugars 18 g
- Protein 36 g