Chicken Quesadillas with Corn, Edamame and Lime
- Yield: 4 servings
Chicken quesadillas are made special again with a Southwestern riff on succotash and a luscious lime crema topping.
- 2/3cup sour cream
- 1teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1cup corn kernels
- 1/2cup shelled edamame
- 1/3cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4-- (8-inch) tortillas
- 1 1/3cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 2teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine sour cream, lime zest, 2 teaspoons juice and salt in a small bowl. Combine corn, edamame and green onions in a second bowl; stir in about half the sour cream mixture, the remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice, cumin and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Arrange tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle one quarter of the cheese over one half of each tortilla. Top cheese with one quarter of the chicken, then the corn mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, and fold unfilled halves of tortillas over filled halves (making half moons).
- Brush a large, heavy baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Arrange tortillas on sheet, and brush tops with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Bake 12 minutes, or until quesadillas are lightly golden. Flip quesadillas, transfer to a cutting board, and let rest 5 minutes before slicing each into 3 wedges. Serve with reserved cream.
Recipe by Laraine Perri.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 551
- Fat 33g
- Cholesterol 106mg
- Sodium 998mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 30g