Chicken Scaloppini with Leeks, Baby Bellas and Tarragon
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded into 1/4 inch thickness (try using gallon freezer bags for this)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2cups chopped leeks, rinsed well to remove debris
- 8ounces sliced baby bella (cremini) mushrooms
- 2cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Add the chicken to the flour mixture and turn to coat both sides.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake off excess flour from the chicken and add the chicken to the hot pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the leeks and mushrooms to the same pan over medium heat. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes, until the leeks are tender and the mushrooms release liquid. Add the broth and tarragon and bring to a simmer.
4. Return the chicken to the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and garnish with the parsley.