Chili-Stuffed Flank Steak
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 1/4pounds lean flank steak (about 1/2-inch thick), pocket cut
- 1-- (14.5-ounce) can chili with beans, drained
- 1/4cup canned diced green chiles
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 1cup low sodium barbecue sauce
- Heat a grill to high heat.
- Place the flank steak on a sheet of heavy duty foil and fill the pocket of the flank steak with chili and diced chilies. Secure the opening of the flank steak with a skewer. Rub the surface of the steak with a thin film of oil (about 2 teaspoons) and season with the chili powder.
- Clean the grill grate with a metal brush and rub with oil. Put the steak on the grill, cover, and grill to medium-rare, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through. Coat the flank steak with barbecue sauce and grill another minute on each side.
- Remove skewer, and cut flank steak in thin slices against the grain and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 470mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 7g
- Protein 40g