Chilled Cucumber Soup with Mint
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3large cucumbers, peeled
- 1cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 1/2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2teaspoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Halve the cucumbers lengthwise. Scoop out their seeds with a spoon and discard. Coarsely chop the cucumber and transfer to a blender.
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, mint, garlic and salt and blend until smooth. Season with a little black pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
Reprinted with permission from the publisher, Harper Collins, from Fresh Food Fast by Peter Berley. Copyright 2013.