Hunan Orange Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
Next time your kids beg for Chinese, invite them into the kitchen to help you make this quick, healthy version of Hunan Orange Chicken
- 1cup orange juice
- 3tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4pound fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey and pepper flakes in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles. Pour in 2 tsp oil and swirl to coat. Add chicken; stir-fry until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in the same skillet. Add bell pepper and ginger; stir-fry until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add snow peas and stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Add chicken and orange juice mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens, about 1 minute.
From Weight Watchers Ultimate Chicken Cookbook. Copyright 2013, reprinted by permission of St. Martin’s Griffin.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 265
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 75 mg
- Sodium 452 mg
- Carbohydrate 24 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 28 g