Chocolate-Glazed Cake Doughnuts
- Wet Ingredients
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2cup applesauce, no added sugar
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/4cup melted coconut oil
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia
- Dry Ingredients
- 1cup almond flour
- 1/2cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4cup coconut flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda1/2
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 6ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease the doughnut pans.
- In a blender, purée the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the blender and purée until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer the batter to a large plastic food storage bag. Cut ½” off a corner of the bag and pope doughnuts into the pans.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cooked doughnuts cool in the pan for a few minutes. Run a spoon around the edges to loosen, and carefully remove the doughnuts. Let them cool completely on wire racks.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, then remove it from the heat. Stir occasionally until the melted chocolate is at room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Put the melted chocolate in a 2-cup bowl that is about 4” wide.
- Dip the doughnuts in the chocolate, and return them to the racks to dry.
- Store doughnuts in a glass container with a lid. They also freeze well.
Reprinted with permission from The Paleo Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook by Kelly V. Brozyna, copyright © 2013. Published by Victory Belt Publishing Inc.