Chocolate Layered Dessert
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 7tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 1-- (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3cup confectioners' sugar
- 2cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-- (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1-- (4-serving) package instant chocolate pudding
- 3cups skim milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350F.
- With fork, mix together flour and butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- In mixer, blend cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until creamy. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Spread on top of first layer.
- Mix pudding mixes with milk, and prepare according to package directions. Add vanilla. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover with remaining 1 1/4 cup whipped topping. Refrigerate.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 207
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Sodium 333mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 5g