Chocolate Mint Avocado Cups
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- 1cup chopped avocado
- 1cup vegan chocolate, roughly chopped or 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2tablespoons agave nectar
- 1tablespoon coconut oil, not melted
- 1 - 2teaspoon peppermint syrup or a couple drops peppermint extract
- If your coconut oil is not solid, place it in the refrigerator until firm.
- Melt all the chocolate, or part of it (depending on room temperature). If it’s not warm, you can melt just about ⅔ of the chocolate and wait to melt the rest.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon melted chocolate into the muffin cup liners. Draw and coat the chocolate up the sides of the liners, filling about ⅔ of the cup liners. Freeze for 10 minutes
- Blend avocado until smooth. Beat it with agave and coconut oil in the solid form. Carefully and gradually add and beat peppermint syrup or extract. Taste the ganache and gradually add a little more if you want to.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons avocado ganache into each cup, freeze for 10 minutes.
- If not already done, melt the remaining chocolate and cover the top of each cup. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few days.
Recipe courtesy of Elisa from Green Road to Bliss. Elisa is a vegetarian, vegan, raw and allergy-friendly food blogger from Italy.