Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
A healthy recreation of everyone's favorite chocolate peanut butter candy!
- 1/2cup raw cacao butter
- 4tablespoons agave syrup
- 1cup unsalted peanuts
- 2tablespoons coconut oil
- 1teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Place the cacao butter and agave syrup in a Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend on high speed until liquid, then add the cacao powder and blend again to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl, then coat the bottom and sides of 6 mini paper muffin liners with the chocolate, reserving enough to make a lid for each one. Place in the freezer for 4 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the blender jug and whiz the remaining ingredients to form a smooth butter.
- Divide the peanut butter between the chocolate cups and pour a layer of chocolate over the top.
- Return to the freezer for 5–10 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Reprinted with permission from Eating the Alkaline Way © 2013 by Natasha Corrett and Vicki Edgson, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photography by Lisa Linder.