Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Cupcakes
- Yield: 12 servings
These cupcakes are the perfect option for peanut butter lovers.
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2cup white flour, organic
- 1cup sugar, organic
- 1/2cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3cup water + 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3cup cocoa powder
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2cup blendable fruit (berries, banana, applesauce)
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/3cup creamy peanut butter (salted)
- 1/3cup vegan butter, chilled
- 1cup powdered sugar, organic
- a few drops vanilla extract
- 2-3tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Fruit puree: In a blender, add the non-dairy milk and your fruit. (For fruit, you can use a variety of fruit options – banana, berries or even traditional apple sauce.) Blend until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry cupcakes ingredients. Using a mixer, blend in the remaining ingredients including the fruit blend.
- Grease or line your cupcake tins and fill with cupcake better.
- Bake cupcakes at 350 for 16-20 minutes or until tops begin to toast up.
- Cool cupcakes. Whip up the frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with a frosting tip to swirl. Serve!
Recipe courtesy of Kathy Patalsky, who writes, cooks and photographs daily for her vegan recipe blog www.Healthy-Happy-Life.com. She also contributes daily to Babble.com. Her work has been seen in VegNews Magazine, PCRM, The Kitchn and many more. Kathy founded and curates FindingVegan.com and her first book 365 Vegan Smoothies debuts June 4th 2013 from Avery. Kathy loves sunshine, smoothies, family, food, photography, movies and animals big and small.