Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream
- 1 13 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 10large soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4cup hemp seeds
- 1cup water
- 1/3cup cacao powder
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add the coconut milk, dates, and hemp seeds to a blender. (A Blendtec or Vitamix works best. If you don’t have one of those, you may need to use a food processor for this step.) Purée until completely smooth.
- Add the water. Raw cacao powder, and vanilla extract to the blender. Purée until completely smooth.
- Pour into a dish, cover, and freeze right away while it still has some air from puréeing
- To serve, let sit on the counter until as soft as desired. Scoop into bowls.
Reprinted with permission from The Paleo Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook by Kelly V. Brozyna, copyright © 2013. Published by Victory Belt Publishing Inc.