Cider-Apple Crumble In a New Light
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 50 minutes
- 1/2cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 3tablespoons apple cider or apple juice
- 4 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 5tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- Combine raisins and cider in a small bowl. Let stand until plump, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss together the apples, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Spoon into the baking dish. Sprinkle raisin mixture over the top.
- To make the topping, using a fork, combine flour, oats, the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small bowl until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over the filling.
- Bake until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden, 45 – 50 minutes. If the topping starts to brown too quickly, loosely cover with a piece of foil during the last 15 minutes of baking time. Cool on a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 170
- Fat 4 g
- Sodium 40 mg
- Carbohydrate 34 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 2 g