Cider Rum Punch
- Yield: 6 servings
- 8fluid ounces dark rum
- 3fluid ounces lemon juice
- 4fluid ounces thyme simple syrup
- 12fluid ounces apple cider
- 4fluid ounces water
- 4fluid ounces club soda
- 8dashes Angostura Bitters
- sprigs of thyme, garnish
- apple wheels, garnish
- To make thyme simple syrup, combine 2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups of water and 6 thyme sprigs in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring up to a boil and reduce to simmer, until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place the syrup in the fridge to cool.
- Place all the ingredients in a large picture or carafe with ice and stir.
- Fill your glasses with crushed ice and fill. Place a sprig of thyme inside and put an apple wheel on the rim.
Reprinted with permission from Verses from My Kitchen. Michael spent over a decade following university in the restaurant industry, in one capacity or another. His blog has become an extension of his love and passion for all things food and drink, and the people that bring you together because of it. Mike lives just outside of Toronto with my lovely wife, Wendy, and two pets.