Cilantro-Almond Pesto with Coconut
- Yield: 1 cups
- 1/2cup slivered almonds
- 1cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, or more as necessary
- 1tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 3tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place the almonds in a small dry skillet and set the pan over medium heat.
2. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the nuts are golden brown and toasted, shaking the pan frequently.
3. Transfer the nuts to a blender and add the cilantro, broth, ginger, garlic, and oil.
4. Puree until smooth, adding more broth if necessary to create a thick pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper.