Cinnamon Ginger Apple Chips
- Yield: 4 servings
Apples are so naturally sweet that these crisps don’t need any sugar, just sprinklings of cinnamon, curry and ground ginger.
- -- Nonstick cooking spray, to prepare the pan
- 1-- cinnamon stick
- 5-- cloves
- 4-- apples, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2teaspoon curry powder
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2-- ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pot over high heat, bring about 5 cups of water to a boil. When water boils, add the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Place the apples slices in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with towels.
- Meanwhile, mix the curry powder, cinnamon and ginger together in a small bowl.
- Lay the apple slices flat on the prepared baking sheets. Sift the spice mixture evenly over the apple slices.
- Bake for about 2 hours, or until the apple slices start curling at the edges and turn golden. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
Recipe by Anne of Fab Frugal Food.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 75
- Fat 0.3g
- Saturated Fat 0mg
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 2mg
- Potassium 157mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 0.4g