Citrus Grove Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2-- red grapefruit
- 4-- navel oranges
- 1 1/2-- 5-ounce bags mixed greens or Boston lettuce and radicchio
- 1/2-- red onion, sliced thin
- 3/4cup olive oil
- 1/2cup red grapefruit juice
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2teaspoons honey
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon white pepper
- Peel the grapefruit and oranges. Remove all the white pith. Cut the fruit into bite-size pieces.
- Tear the lettuce. Combine the lettuce, fruit and onion in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil, grapefruit juice, Dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing a few minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., Paradise Servied, South Florida's Culinary Destination (Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., 2009)