Clam Flatbread with Parsley Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 6.5 ounce cans clams
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 loaves whole wheat naan bread
- 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1bunch curly parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 425 degrees. In a saucepan combine canned clams (with juice) and garlic and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Simmer until liquid has thickened to a thick sauce, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place naan on sheet pans (you may need two depending on the shape of the naan) then divide clam mixture between naan, then divide shredded mozzarella on top of clam mixture. Bake until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown, between 8-12 minutes.
- While the flatbreads are baking combine parsley and scallions in a large bowl. Toss with lemon juice and olive oil then season to taste with salt and pepper. Top each flatbread with parsley salad and serve while hot.
Recipe by Sydney Oland.