Cookie Dough Smoothie
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/4cup raw pecans
- 1/4cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 3–4 large fruits)
- 1cup very ripe pear, chopped
- 2tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1teaspoon maca powder
- 1 1/2cups almond milk
- 2tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2cups coconut ice (see recipe instructions)
- sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Blend together all the ingredients except the cacao nibs and coconut ice until creamy and smooth. Add the nibs and ice and blend until frosty, leaving the nibs to serve as the “chocolate chips” and add a crunchy kick. Inherently dessert-like, it is unlikely you will need to boost the sweetness, but taste the smoothie and add if desired.
Superfood Boost: Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
Reprinted with permission from Superfood Smoothies © 2013 by Julie Morris, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.