Corn and Rice
- Yield: 10 servings
Use quick-cooking brown rice for a speedier dish.
- 1cup chopped green onions
- 1-- (16-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1/2cup vegetable or fat-free chicken broth
- 3cups cooked brown rice (any rice may be used)
- 1/4cup finely chopped parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté green onions for several minutes.
Add corn, salt, pepper and broth. Continue cooking until corn is done, about 2 minutes. Stir in rice and parsley, cooking until heated through, about 3 minutes. Makes about 5 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 115
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 29mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 3g