Corn Quinoa Casserole
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 5cups cooked quinoa
- 4cups corn (from cob or frozen)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1cup kale (or other greens), finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2cups grated aged cheddar cheese
If using corn on the cob, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and peel just the loose outer layers of the husk off the corn, leaving a few layers. Place on a baking sheet and roast 40 minutes. When cool enough to handle and cut the corn off the cob.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large casserole dish or a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, corn, red pepper, greens and green onions.
- Lightlybeat the 2 eggs with the salt and pour over the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 2 cups of grated cheese and mix well.
- Pour into the casserole dish, pack down lightly and place in the oven for 35 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and return to the oven for 5-7 minutes until melted.
- Remove from the oven and cool for just a few minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Heidi of FoodDoodles.com. A blog by a mom of 3 cooking and baking with minimally processed foods, especially fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies and whole grains. Heidi focuses on plant based dishes for the whole family, comfort foods made healthier, quick, easy and nutritious snacks for anyone on the go and of course the occasional treat!