- Yield: 8 servings
- 3tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1/4cup chopped red onion
- 1tablespoon chopped jarred jalapenos
- 2tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1pound lump crabmeat, picked for shells
- 1 1/2cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2cup chopped peeled cucumbers
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 8-- corn taco shells, heated according to directions
- -- Chopped avocados, optional
- In bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, jalapeno, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic and cumin. Season to taste. Carefully fold in crabmeat. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- In bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and olive oil. Season to taste. Refrigerate.
- Fill heated taco shells with crabmeat, tomato mixture, and avocados, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age (2010).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 162
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 46mg
- Sodium 384mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 14g