Cranberry-Orange-Pear Granola Crisp
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4large firm ripe pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2cups cranberries, thawed if frozen
- -- Juice and finely grated peel of 1 medium orange
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4cup thawed frozen pear or apple juice concentrate
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 2cups reduced-fat granola
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine pears, cranberries, orange juice, orange peel, salt, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl. Stir juice concentrate and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Immediately pour into the fruit mixture and blend well. Pour into a 2-quart non-stick baking dish (or a baking dish lined with parchment paper). Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce heat to 350F. Stir fruit mixture thoroughly and sprinkle granola evenly on top. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the fruit is soft. Serve warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes: The Scientifically Proven System for Reversing Diabetes Without Drugs by Neal D. Barnard, M.D.; recipe by Bryanna Clark Grogan.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 224
- Fat 1.6g
- Saturated Fat 0.3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 142mg
- Carbohydrate 53.2g
- Fiber 6.5g
- Sugars 28.3g
- Protein 2.7g