Creamy Breakfast Quiche
- Yield: 5 to 6 servings
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 55 min
Start your day with this primal, protein packed meal!
- 1pound thick cut bacon, diced
- 1large bunch baby spinach
- 12 eggs
- 1cup diced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3tablespoons full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1tablespoon Italian seasoning
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F.
- Brown the diced bacon in a large skillet.
- Meanwhile, rinse the spinach in a strainer and let it drip dry while you finish cooking the bacon.
- Spread the cooked bacon evenly over the bottom of a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- Take the spinach and squeeze out any water left in it. Spread the spinach on top of the bacon.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Add the last 7 ingredients to the eggs and stir together.
- Pour the entire mixture over the spinach and bacon. To make sure all the spinach is completely covered by the egg mixture, use your hand and press on top of the spinach until the egg mixture sits on top of the spinach layer evenly.
- Cover the quiche tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20–25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through in the center. You’ll know the quiche is done when you jiggle the pan and the center does not move.
Reprinted with permission from Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook: Real Food for Real Life by Sarah Fragoso. Victory Belt Publishing, 2012.