Crisp Salmon on Sesame Spinach
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 16ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1tablespoon shoyu (or light soy sauce)
- 1/2pound salmon filet, skin on
- 1tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Sliced scallions, to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat the broiler on high.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in an oven proof skillet over medium high heat until shimmering then add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add thawed spinach and shoyu and cook, stirring constantly until spinach the liquid that the spinach has released is evaporated, about 6 minutes.
Recipe by Sydney Oland.