Atkins Crunchy Tropical Berry and Almond Breakfast Parfait
- Yield: 4 servings
This sweet and tangy parfait layered with coconut, almonds, and fresh berries would also make a great dessert.
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2teaspoons granular sugar substitute, divided
- 1/4teaspoon coconut or pure vanilla extract
- 1/2cup plain unsweetened whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1cup raspberries
- 1cup blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 8tablespoons sweet and salty almonds
- 1/2cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted (see tip)
- Combine cream, ½ teaspoon sugar substitute, and coconut extract in a medium bowl; whip with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in the yogurt.
- Purée raspberries and remaining sugar substitute in a blender until smooth.
- Using 4 parfait glasses, alternate layers of whipped cream, raspberry purée, blueberries, nuts, and coconut, making two layers of each. Serve right away.
- Tip: To toast coconut in the oven, spread it in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake at 300°F for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure even browning.
From “The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook” by Colette Heimowitz. Copyright (c) 2011 by Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. Printed by permission of Touchstone Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 260
- Fat 21 g
- Carbohydrate 14 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Protein 6 g