Crustless Asparagus Quiche
- Yield: 6 servings
Asparagus is sautéed until tender and flavored with young green garlic, which is milder and sweeter than it after reaching maturity.
- -- Oil or cooking spray, for the baking dish and skillet
- 2cups asparagus, chopped bite size
- 2stalks green garlic, chopped (or 2 garlic cloves and 2 scallions, chopped and mixed)
- -- Salt and pepper
- 4large eggs
- 1cup nonfat milk
- 1cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Prepare an 8-inch square baking dish with a light coating of oil or cooking spray. Prepare a skillet with another light coating of oil or cooking spray.
- Place the prepared skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the asparagus, stirring once or twice, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the asparagus has just started to brown.
- Add the green garlic or garlic and scallion to the skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until asparagus is partially browned. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl. Fold in the ricotta and stir to combine. Fold in the sautéed veggies and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and puffy. Let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe by Colleen of Foodie Tots.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 117
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 154mg
- Sodium 172mg
- Potassium 254mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 12g