Dark Chocolate Chunk Frozen Yogurt
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- 2cups plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1cup plain 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2cup evaporated cane juice (or another granulated, unrefined sugar)
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2cup unsweetened cocoa powder (if you're concerned about lumps, you can sift the cocoa powder before adding it to the yogurt)
- 2 1/2ounces dark chocolate (at least 70% cocao and preferably fair trade), chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- In a large bowl, combine yogurts, evaporated cane juice, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder. Stir until the evaporated cane juice and cocoa powder are completely dissolved. Refrigerate mixture for at least one hour.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions, adding the chopped dark chocolate in the last couple of minutes of churning.
- Serve immediately as soft serve, or spoon into a freezer-safe container and place in freezer until “ripened” (hardened).
- Once frozen solid, thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes or until softened.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com. Blogger, Lauren, lives in Massachusetts with her husband, dog, cat, and future baby who is due this winter! She strives to find a balance between the two basic food philosophies of "eating to live" and "living to eat" by creating recipes featuring wholesome, unprocessed foods that taste delicious. Amongst her favorite dishes to make are pizza from scratch and anything dessert-oriented.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 197
- Fat 5.3g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Fiber 3.2g
- Sugars 26.5g
- Protein 12.4g