- Yield: 15 pieces
- Prep: 10 minutes
With several options for coating, these versatile nougat balls will appeal to chocolate lovers everywhere!
- 1tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1tablespoon sunflower lecithin
- 1/4teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4cup agave nectar
- 1/4cup water
- 1/8teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2cup cocoa powder
- For matcha-coated nougats
- 2tablespoons matcha powder
- For coconut-coated nougats
- 3tablespoons shredded coconut
- For ambassador balls
- 2/3cup hazelnuts, reduced to crumbs in food processor
- 1/2 recipe dark chocolate, melted
- In blender, combine all ingredients except cocoa powder and blend to a liquid of even consistency. While blender is running, add cocoa powder and continue to blend until cocoa is incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a rectangular dish to a depth of 3⁄4 inches (2 cm). Place in freezer and allow nougats to set for 3 hours.
- Cut into 15 cubes, place in a container and refrigerate.
- To coat, roll nougats in a dish of matcha or coconut until they are completely coated.
- For ambassador balls, roll nougats in hazelnut crumbs until they are completely coated.
- Pour melted dark chocolate into a bowl. Using a fork, dip balls of coated nougat in chocolate, then place on parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow them to set.
Reprinted with permission from RawEssence by David Cote and Mathieu Gallant. Robert Rose Publishing, 2013.