Dukan Diet Baked Cod Provencal
- Yield: servings
- 1/4teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8slices extra-lean ham
- 8-- tomatoes, with stems removed
- -- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-- onions, thinly sliced
- 2-- garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4-- skinless cod fillets
- 3-- fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 475F.
2. Divide the oil among the 4 ramekins. Wipe out the excess
with a paper towel.
3. Place one slice of ham into each of four 2-cup ramekins.
4. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the tomatoes and poach for 30 seconds.
5. Remove the tomatoes from the pot, peel, and remove the seeds.
6. Slice the tomatoes and divide them evenly among the ramekins, placing them atop the ham.
7. Sprinkle salt to taste on the tomatoes and top with the onion and garlic slices.
8. Wrap the remaining slices of ham around the cod fillets and place one fillet in each dish.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bake for 15 minutes.
10. Remove the ramekins from the oven, add additional black pepper to taste, and sprinkle the chopped basil leaves on top.
Reprinted with permission from The Dukan Diet Cookbook by Dr. Pierre Dukan, Crown Archetype News.