Dukan Diet Chicken and Mushrooms with Asparagus
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3drops vegetable oil
- 2 1/4pounds button mushrooms
- 2-- onions, very thinly sliced
- 2 1/4pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1pound asparagus tips, cut into small pieces
- 1-- lemon, juiced
- -- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and wipe out any excess with a paper towel.
2. Add the mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, and remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add the onion and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 6 minutes.
5. Add the asparagus, cooked mushrooms, lemon juice, and parsley, along with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Reduce the heat, cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes.
Reprinted with permission from The Dukan Diet Cookbook by Dr. Pierre Dukan, Crown Archetype News.