Easy Pot Roast with Two Potatoes
- Yield: 14 servings
- 1-- (4-pound) beef sirloin tip roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 6-- garlic cloves, sliced
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1large onion, sliced
- 1-- (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1-- (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- 1-- sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2-- red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Cut slits in roast; stuff pieces of garlic throughout meat.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Spread sliced onion over roast; pour soup over onions.
- Cover and bake 4 hours depending on size of roast. Add carrots and potatoes and continue cooking another hour, or until meat is tender.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 249
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 57mg
- Sodium 254mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 29g