Easy Spicy Salmon Wraps
- Yield: 4 servings
These chipotle salmon wraps are so easy, delectable and spicy. They take minutes to prepare but make for a nutritious and quick lunch packing an Omega-3s power punch.
- 4 salmon filets, 4 ounces each (or can use canned salmon)
- 1/2cup chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, sliced
- 4cups spinach
- 1/2cup cilantro, chopped
- 1teaspoon salt
- Start with cooked salmon. I usually use dinner leftovers but you can also cook salmon up quickly in the oven or use canned salmon.
- Flake the salmon with a fork. Add salt and chipotles to taste. I love my food spicy so add chipotles a little at a time to reach your preference of spiciness.
- In a pan, give the bell peppers a quick sauté in some cooking spray. When the bell peppers are just tender, I throw in the spinach. Continue cooking until the spinach is wilted.
- Heat the tortillas in a dry pan until they show light brown spots or in the microwave for 15 seconds each. Fill each tortilla with 4 ounces of the salmon mix and veggies, then top with cilantro. Roll into a burrito.
Recipe courtesy of Lidi. She shares big, bold and healthy recipes on her blog Hot, Spicy and Skinny. Growing up in a big Mexican family, she learned that truly great flavors come from fresh herbs, varied spices, bright citrus and plenty of chilies- not from butter, cheese or oil. Her recipes include Weight Watchers Points+ and nutritional information.