- 1-- beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 2cups asparagus pieces (2-inch pieces)
- 1medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1cup diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/4 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight. Reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator for dressing.
Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 12 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145F) doneness, turning once. Remove; keep warm.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus and squash; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Toss with rice, tomatoes, beans, basil, salt and reserved marinade in large bowl.
Carve steak into thin slices. Serve over rice salad.
Cook's Tip: To grill, place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Recipe reprinted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by John Wiley & Sons.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 514
- Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 61mg
- Sodium 593mg
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Fiber 7.3g
- Protein 36g