Farro and Celery Salad with Ricotta Salata, Walnuts, and Dried Sour Cherries
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1bunch celery
- 1cup uncooked farro
- 1/4pound ricotta salata
- 1cup walnuts
- 1/2cup loosely packed parsley
- 1/2cup dried sour cherries or dried cranberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4cup olive oil
- Cook the farro on the stove according to the package instructions and set aside to cool. Toast the walnuts for 8-10 minutes in a 350-degree oven, shaking halfway through cooking. Chop the walnuts roughly and set aside.
- Wash the celery and remove the inner leaves and soft stalks. Trim and cut into half-moon slices. Chop the parsley and crumble or shred the ricotta salata.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients with the dressing. Check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Joanna Wohlmuth from Carrot or Cake. Joanna is a food blogger from Washington D.C.