Feta Watermelon Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
Try a mix of yellow and red watermelon for even more flair.
- 1/2small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1-- (1-pound) piece of watermelon (about 1/4 of a small to medium watermelon)
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4cup Olive oil
- 4ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2ounces pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1small bunch arugula, trimmed and cleaned
- Place onion slices in a bowl and cover with lime juice. Set aside.
- Trim watermelon and slice into thin triangles.
- Remove onion from lime juice. Add honey, salt and pepper to juice; stir until well blended. Whisk in oil in a steady stream.
- Layer arugula on platter or divide arugula among 6 plates. Arrange watermelon in overlapping layers on platter or plates. Top with onion, herbs, feta and olives. Drizzle with half of lime juice mixture. Pass remaining juice mixture on the side.
Recipe by Morgan Jarrett.