Fiery Pork Fajitas with Blistered Peppers and Guacamole
- 12ounces pork chops
- 4 6-inch spinach flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4ounce cilantro
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 1 red Thai chili
- 1teaspoon southwest spice blend
- 3teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve, peel, and thinly slice the onion; finely dice 2 tablespoons of the sliced onion for the guacamole. Halve the tomatoes. Zest 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest. Halve the lemon. Core, seed, and remove the white ribs from the bell pepper, then thinly slice. Finely chop the cilantro. Mince the chili pepper.
- Make the guacamole: Halve, peel, and pit the avocado, then scoop out the flesh with a spoon. In a small bowl, mash together the avocado, diced onion, lemon zest, a pinch of cilantro, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and pepper to the pan and cook, tossing, 4-5 minutes, until soft and slightly blistered. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the pork chops against the grain into strips and season with salt and pepper. When the peppers and onions are done, set the veggies aside. Heat another drizzle of oil in the same pan over high heat and sear the pork strips for 1-2 minutes per side, until browned but not yet cooked through. You may need to work in batches.
- Add the veggies to the pan with the pork. Stir in the Southwest spice blend, a squeeze of lemon, and as much chili pepper as you like (start with a little and go up from there!). Cook over low heat until pork is cooked through.
- Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and place in the oven for 5 minutes to warm.
- Make a fajita bar! Let everyone assemble their own fajitas with the tortillas, pork, veggies, guacamole, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
This recipe originally appeared on HelloFresh and is being used with permission.