Fish Pate with Lemon and Capers
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 4.75 ounce can of sardines packed in olive oil
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2teaspoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1teaspoon rinsed capers, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slices of crusty bread, to serve
- Flake sardines with your fingers, then combine in a bowl with mustard, lemon juice, parsley, Greek yogurt, and capers. Gently mix with a spoon until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then place in a small serving dish and garnish with parsley. Serve with slices of crusty bread as an appetizer, or for a light dinner make a green salad dressed with plenty of lemon and olive oil.
Recipe by Sydney Oland.