Frozen Chocolate-Covered Banana Bites
- Yield: servings
- 2large bananas
- 1/4 to 1/3cups vegan chocolate chips (or any kind of chocolate chips)
- 1/4 to 1/3cups natural peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter)
- -- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.
- Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
- Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you've "covered" them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).
- Then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes on top. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.
- You can enjoy them like this (but they really aren't frozen yet — and when they're frozen, the banana tastes like vanilla ice cream) . . . I suggest then covering with some plastic wrap (or really you can do all of this in some kind of Rubbermaid container) and let freeze overnight
Want another way to enjoy frozen bananas, chocolate, and peanut butter? Click here.
Recipe courtesy of Ashley M., creator of healthy living blog (never home)maker and Daily Deals Editor at Wise Bread, is an avid runner, photographer, and recipe developer. She also writes about her adventures as a stay-at-home mom to baby daughter Ada Mae over at Writing Chapter Three.