Fruit-Filled French Toast Wraps
- Yield: 4 servings
A great weekend breakfast treat that feels indulgent but is packed with nutrients.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3cup fat-free milk
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2teaspoons unsalted butter
- 8 strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2/3cup fresh blueberries
- 1small banana, peeled and sliced
- 1cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4cup granola, divided
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip both sides of tortillas in egg mixture and allow to absorb the mixture while skillet heats.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter for each tortilla being cooked. Cook tortillas for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the berries, banana, and yogurt. Spoon down the center of tortillas and to each with 1 tablespoon granola. Roll up and serve immediately.
Bio: Recipe courtesy of Nicole, a Registered Dietitian who believes in balance: love what you eat and be what you eat to live a long, healthy life. Her cooking style focuses on disease prevention in otherwise healthy people, emphasizing balance, moderation of all nutrients, and plentiful in what we know to be good. By day, Nicole is the Director of Nutrition Services at a Michigan hospital and by night, she is a home cook, wife, and healthy food blogger of Prevention RD.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 291
- Cholesterol 55 mg
- Sodium 353 mg
- Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Fiber 6.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g