Fruity Cereal Treats
- Yield: 12 servings
Dried fruits are packed with fiber and antioxidants; just 1/4 cup of dried fruit equals a full serving of fruit.
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1-- (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
- 3/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5cups whole-grain O-shaped oat cereal
- 1cup chopped dried fruit such as raisins, prunes, tart cherries and apricots
- 1/2cup chopped, roasted lightly salted peanuts
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, until marshmallows are melted, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly stir in cereal, fruit and peanuts.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan and, using wet hands, quickly press evenly into pan until firm.
Recipe by Serena Ball
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 202
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 144mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 21g
- Protein 3g