- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 4slices red onion, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1large red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1/2cup garlic-herb cheese spread
- 4-- round French sandwich rolls, split, toasted
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion and bell pepper around patties. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally. Grill vegetables 13 to 16 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cut bell pepper into 1/2-inch strips.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cheese on bottom of each bun; top with burger, another 1 tablespoon cheese, onion slice and 1/4 of bell pepper. Close sandwiches.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 389
- Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 901mg
- Sodium 500mg
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Fiber 3.1g
- Protein 33g