Georgia Pecan Popcorn with Rosemary and Thyme
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2cups Georgia pecan halves
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil (such as canola oil)
- 1/3cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4cup salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the olive oil, rosemary, thyme and crushed red pepper, if using, in a heavy small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the mixture is fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Place the pecans in a small baking pan and roast until toasted, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the vegetable oil and 3 popcorn kernels in a heavy 4 quart saucepan or large pot. Cover and cook over medium heat until 2 or 3 kernels pop, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining corn kernels. Cover and cook until the popping stops, shaking the pan frequently, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the pecans and olive oil mixture and stir until the popcorn and pecans are coated with the oil mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and serve right away as a snack. Makes about 8 cups.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 230
- Fat 21g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 0mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 3g