German Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars
- Yield: 48 servings
- 1-- (18.25-ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1-- egg
- 1/3cup flaked coconut
- 1/3cup butter, melted
- 1-- (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-- (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 3-- egg whites
- 1teaspoon coconut extract
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, 1 egg, coconut, and butter.
- Pat mixture into bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, egg whites, and coconut and vanilla extracts until mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour over mixture in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool and cut into 48 squares.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 108
- Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Sodium 116mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 15g
- Protein 1g