Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- 12ounces bag (about 3 cups) fresh cranberries
- 3/4cup water
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 2/3cup honey
- 2teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2teaspoons orange zest
- Rinse cranberries and add to medium pot. Add water and orange juice and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer, add honey and ginger and mix well. Cook for 10-15 minutes – cranberry skins will start popping and flesh will start to cook into sauce.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Mix in orange zest. Note: If you want a smoother sauce, mash with potato masher.
Recipe courtesy of Teaspoon of Spice.