Glazed Fresh Strawberry Pizza Pie
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- 1-- (16.6-ounce) roll refrigerated ready-to-slice sugar cookie dough
- 1cup sugar
- 1/2cup diet Sprite
- 1/4cup cornstarch
- 1quart strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4cup confectioners sugar
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2teaspoon grated orange rind
- -- Strawberry halves for garnish (optional)
- -- Fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press sugar cookie dough onto prepared pan. Bake about 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely.
- In small nonstick pot, combine sugar, Sprite, cornstarch and strawberries. Mix well. Bring to boil over medium heat, and boil about 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and vanilla, and set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar until creamy. Gradually add orange juice and mix well. Stir in orange rind.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over baked sugar cookie. Carefully spread cooled strawberry mixture evenly over cream cheese layer. If desired, garnish with strawberry halves and serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 211
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 148mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 25g
- Protein 2g