Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 5 organic eggs
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1cup black coffee
- 1cup coconut flour
- 1cup refined sugar
- 1/2cup cocoa powder
- 3/4teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1tablespoon coffee liquor, optional
- 1/2teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2cups heavy cream
- 1/4cup honey
- 6ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour, I used coconut flour, a 8×8 square baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl add the eggs, olive oil, and sugar. With a wire whisk, whisk until combined. Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and incorporate well until there are no lumps. Add the black coffee, coffee liquor, if using, and mix through.
- Add batter to the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. I baked mine for about 24 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack.
- To prepare the whip cream, place heavy cream and honey in a bowl and with a hand held whisk, whisk until firm peaks form.
- Spread heavy cream over cooled chocolate cake and evenly sprinkle some chopped dark chocolate or any other chocolate of your choice.
- Keep cake refrigerated.
Recipe courtesy of Miryam from Eat Good 4 Life. Originally from Spain, Miryam is a clinical dietitian passionate about cooking and baking who lives in New Jersey with her husband and two kids.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 386
- Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 99 mg
- Sodium 129 mg
- Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Sugars 30 g
- Protein 6.5 g