Granny Smith Apple Sorbet
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/4pounds Granny Smith apples
- 1-- lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 1 1/4cups water
- 1-- (2-inch) piece of cinnamon stick
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger, sliced
- Halve and core apples; cut into thin slices, leaving skin on. Toss with lemon juice and place in freezer overnight.
- Next day, make a simple syrup with sugar and water, bringing liquid to a boil. Add cinnamon stick and ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over the apples and stir. Puree apple/syrup mixture in food processor until smooth.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Allow to soften slightly before serving. Makes about 1 quart.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Mark Rosenstein’s In Praise of Apples (Lark Books, 1996).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 190
- Fat 0
- Saturated Fat 0
- Cholesterol 0
- Sodium 0
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 0