Greek Beef Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 6cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 8-- Greek or ripe olives (optional)
- 2-- pita breads, toasted, cut into wedges
- 2/3cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and half the marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 17 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145F) doneness, turning once. Do not overcook. Remove; let stand 10 minutes. Carve into thin slices.
- Combine beef, lettuce, cucumber and onion in large bowl. Add reserved marinade; toss. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Serve with pita wedges.
Cook's Tip: To grill, place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 16 to 18 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145F) , turning occasionally. Do not overcook.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 361
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 76mg
- Sodium 419mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Protein 33g